Saturday 14 November 2009

Allsorts challenge 27

Good Morning everyone, are you ready for another Allsorts challenge ?

We were blown away by all your entries last week for Jules 'Bring out your Bling' theme and if the record number of entries is anything to go by, you certainly loved this one. This weeks challenge has been set by our teamie Emma who has chosen the theme "For a Child", so many possibilities here that we are sure you will come up with some fantastic projects.

My card is a Christmas card and as the sentiment says, it's for a very special granddaughter - she loves all things sweet and girly, so this one should be right up her street. The image Noel Joy from Sarah Kay is yet another from my NEC stash and I absolutely love her. Stamped with versafine black and embossed with detail clear, I have coloured her with Promarkers and given her coat liberal sprinklings of glitter. I also added snow using JudiKins snow glitter. My DP's are My Minds Eye and Prima and the scalloped edge Martha Stewart Embossed Scallop. Sorry if the roses are becoming monotonous, but I so enjoy making them and they seem to lend themselves to these cute cards .........I know, I don't do cute, but it's growing on me. I embossed the edges of the roses and holly with iridescent glitter and punched the leaves from glitter cardstock. The greeting was computer generated.

25 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Brenda this Christmas card is so special, the gorgeous image and beautiful roses. janex

Kari said...

Wow,Brenda,it`s gorgeous!!Lovely Christmas colours and the image is so cute,love it :)
The flowers is amazing!
Have a wonderful Saturday:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Nannieflash said...

Wow Brenda what a fabulous card and the colouring is really stunning, well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxx

Linda W said...

A lovely card Brenda, I'm sure your granddaughter will love it and we'll never tire of your roses - how do you make them they're so sweet and gorgeous.
Linda X

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, Brenda! I think your granddaughter will love it! I love those roses - don't think they will ever become monotonous! Have you done a rose tutorial? I think I need some lessons. Either my punches are all wrong or I'm doing it wrong, cos mine are only fit for the bin!

cheryl said...

oh hun this is awesome so beautifully designed love cheryl xxx

eiyiyi said...

Absolutely fabulous. It's perfect in every way. hugs, eileen

Zoechaos said...

Ohhhh lovely another wonderful card. Love the colours and the layout is great. Knock out Mrs.

lisa said...

Afternoon Brenda. Think we've escaped the worst of the winds, how you doing in your neck of the woods!!
What a gorgeous Christmas card. Your Grandaughter will love it. I love all the glittery leaves and roses and I'm with Sally. I think we need one of your expert tutorials. I'm all fingers and thumbs when I've tried them in the past.

Lisax

Lesley Edmonds said...

'Bling it on' LOL! Love it - so sparkly.........

there's a little something over on my blog for you Brenda..........

Lesley x

Lynda said...

I think you definitely DO do cute - this is stunningly beautiful and I love the flowers!

Love Lynda xxx

issy said...

WoW another beauty Brenda, the images is gorgeous, and coloured so beatifully

Beryl said...

Stunning card - love that image and super layout. Glad things internet wise are sorted for you now.
Beryl xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow beautiful card ,stunning colouring and detail
love the flowers keep them coming
hugs Dawnxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Brenda

Beautiful card, love the flowers and holly leaves are they a punch or die cut
Thanks for looking at my Blog brenda and your comments i love looking to see if i have any new ones
hugs
Sylvie
xx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Brenda, love the colours on this!
Clairexx

Hearts Turned said...

This card is so beautiful, Brenda, and your granddaughter will cherish it! Thanks for visiting me today!

Ludkasz said...

Beautiful card:)

Claire Phillips said...

Oh! so beautiful and those roses are wonderful - monotinous not!x

pinky said...

Love it Brenda, and you can never have too many roses. Really need to have a go at these.
Pinky

Anonymous said...

Thank You for your lovely comments. I've been checking out all your gorgeous creations and they are all stunning. I hope to be this good one day!

Juls said...

just so gorgeous!! Love all those touches of sparkle!!

Merry said...

This is stunning and those roses are so beautiful.

Annette Bowes said...

Adorable card, just gorgeous, those flowers are beautiful, I am sure your grand daughter will cherish this card. Take careX:)

Tracy said...

Perfect card again Brenda, I love your image and choice of papers, and beautiful roses.
Happy crafting
Tracy x