Sunday 13 September 2009

Stamping for the Weekend

This post comes to you magic of Mr Blogger......I hope ! I am away today paying a surprise visit to a blogging friend.......I can't tell you who yet, otherwise there won't be any surprise if they read this will there. But I will let you in on the secret tomorrow.

I also need to tell you all that there is a brand new Stamp Addicts Christmas programme coming up on Friday 18th at 11am. I shall share some sample cards with you later in the week and tell you more, but this card does use one of the stamps I used to create samples for the show.

My card is for this weeks Stamping for the Weekend challenge and boy did I struggle with it, don't get me wrong, it's a great sketch...... I just can't do busy and with all those layers I panicked I can tell you. But I have a finished card and I sort of like it, perhaps it will grow on me.

My main image is Judikins 2084H stamped with black memento ink and coloured with Promarkers and cut out on the Bug using Nesties. DP is My Minds Eye and the swirl was cut on Cricut Storybook, inked with brilliance lime and embossed with detail clear. The border is punched with Martha Stewart embossed snowflake and the tiny snowflakes are punched. The greeting is a Hero clear set for which I have lost the code.

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Brenda, Gorgeous card! I love the colours and the gorgeous snowman. I also struggled at first with this sketch because I don't usually have so many layers but really like the finished result.

Hope you have a great day visiting your blogging friend.

Lisa x

shaz earl said...

Fab card Brenda and what a jolly snowman he is xx

Zoechaos said...

Love Pink and Green not used it for ages! Great card fab snow man.
Have a great day someone is getting a wonderful surprise :)

Unknown said...

I love this card, the image is fantastic, really christmassy, thanks for joining us at SFTW, and good luck.
Fi xxxx

pinky said...

Struggled you! Don't believe you, I'll be listening for the knock at the door this morning lol. Have a nice day.
Pinky

Sally H said...

Brenda, this is really lovely. I think I need to pull my finger out and do some christmas cards now!

crafty amy said...

Brilliant crd I love the bright Christmas colours and the way you have used the ribbon at the side.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Kari said...

Your card is wonderful,Brenda!Lovely colours and the snowman is so cute!
Have a great Sunday:)
Hugs,Kari:)

lisa said...

Hi Brenda. I hope you've had a lovely day with your friend. Your card is lovely, The layers are great and what a jolly snowman. It's great to be made to do something out of your comfort zone isn't it, the end results are usually very satisfying, even if they do take awhile to grow on you.

Lisax

Merry said...

What a wonderful layout you have used....terrific card.

debby4000 said...

You've done a brilliant job with the sketch and love the snowman and colours.
luv
Debby

Nancy said...

What a lovely card, Brenda:O) Love the cute snowman, great colouring, love the beautiful papers and the border is lovely.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Penni said...

What a happy snowman, you've coloured him beautifully!!! Great take on Donna's Sketch.

Thank you for joining us at SFTW.

Hugs
Penni
X

Gunn (Merete) said...

Wow, what a great card. This snowman is so charming I think, and you used such fun colors on this card. Great work. Thanks for joining this week at SFTW.
Hugs Gunn

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda! I love the cute snowman and the papers.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW. :)
Hugs, Vanja

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Love that image! Such a cheeky chappy! ;o)

Hugs,
Chris xx